Welcome to sexNspirit!
It’s not just talking about sex – it’s about:
- the full consideration of sexuality
- sexual freedom for women of faith
- considering the integration of sexuality and spirituality in a safe space
- creating enough safe space to question what we’ve always been told
- being safe in our wondering about thoughts we may not speak out loud in our normal settings
If you’d like your participation here to be anonymous to the public, please create an anonymous user name. Only I will see your email address. However, you may also use/create an email address other than the one you use frequently to further protect your identity.
A few working definitions:
- “‘[Sexuality] is who we are as body-selves who experience the emotional, cognitive, physical, and spiritual need for intimate communion – human and divine’ (i.e., consideration of a phenomenon beyond simple physical sexual intercourse.)
- Spirituality is a person’s fluid, intangible intimate interaction with her Deity. ‘Faith’s original impulse and essence . . ., raw encounters with the divine.’ Spirituality ‘conveys process [and] depth . . . that ebb and flow with the development of individuals’ (e.g., extemporaneous prayer time, leaving participation in rituals such as holy communion, etc. with meaning and/or a sense of particular engagement/connection with her Deity, etc.).
- For the purposes of this [blog], religion is ‘thin’ spirituality. That is, it is a reduction of the ‘essence’ of a person’s faith to a “formula.” Or it is a reduction to superficial ‘repetitive . . . engagement[s].’ (i.e., recitations of learned prayers, participation in rituals such as holy communion, etc. without meaning and/or engagement, connection, etc.)“
~ candi dugas, Who Told You that You Were Naked?
Thank YOU for joining us!
(c) 2012 candi dugas, llc